Alumni and Friends
The Heritage Society
Planned gifts create extraordinary opportunities to support St. Cloud State. The Heritage Society comprises alumni, parents, and friends who, through thoughtful estate planning, deferred giving, and other forms of planned giving, ensure that resources will be available to support St. Cloud State far into the future. Planned gifts come in all sizes and can be designated to support virtually every facet of the University, from academic programs and student life to scholarships and athletics. The impact of your own planned gift, which qualifies you for membership in the Heritage Society, will last forever and impact generations of students at St. Cloud State.
How do I become a member?
Joining the Heritage Society is easy! Simply inform us in writing that you have included St. Cloud State in your estate plans and provide us with one of the following pieces of documentation:
- A completed signed Estate Gift Confirmation form
- A copy of the pertinent provisions in your will or trust
- A copy of the life insurance policy naming the University as beneficiary
- A letter from your attorney stating that you have included St. Cloud State in your estate plans
- Or simply contact Josh M. Lease '96 at 320-308-4970 or email@example.com
Your information will be kept confidential. It is important that we know of your intention, to enable the University to plan for the future. Most important, it gives us the opportunity to thank you and to work with you on specifics of your intention.
What are the Heritage Society membership experiences?
As a member of the Heritage Society, you will receive:
- Invitations to exclusive Heritage Society events
- The Foundation’s Annual Impact Report
- News and communications from the Heritage Society and the Office of Gift Planning
- Foresight in Giving, the newsletter of the Office of Gift Planning with timely information on investments, taxes, and estate planning
- Additional University special communications including:
Information contained herein was accurate at the time of posting. The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. California residents: Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. Oklahoma residents: A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. South Dakota residents: Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.